Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Glaze Makes Everything Nice...

My Mom and I were at Michael's last week and we are always on the hunt for black rub n' buff. I don't know about you, but we can never seem to find it! Well in that section, there was this product...

Metallic Glaze by DecoArt, So I thought I would give it a try. So yesterday, I opened up the glaze and attacked these two unknowing items. The first was this fleur de lis I have had for some time. It was originally white, so what did I do - paint it black! (It is kind of my go-to) But I never hung it up, it just sat in the closet. It was missing something...

Little did I know Metallic Glaze was all it needed. I like it so much better!

The next was this unknowing gold box. It is nice, I have had it for a long time. It just needed a little pick-me-up.

Ah, much better.
I literally walked around the house yesterday, with the top off, looking for something to GLAZE. I will keep you posted with the next victims.

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your fleur de lys; the glaze really perks it up! I probably would have painted it black and called it a day.

Tracy Watier said...

I haven't tried any of that buffing stuff yet but you make it look so easy and the results are so great, I'll have to take a look around for something here that needs a little something. Love the fleur de lis!

Michelle said...

They both look great! I've never tried it before but now I think I'm gonna after seeing how easy it is :)

Happy Thursday!
~Michelle :)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

That box is so neat and the metalic glaze really makes a difference. Thanks for following my blog & I've signed up to follow yours!

Oliver's said...

I am so excited to find your blog! I thought I was the only gal out there left who liked her bronzy/gold and some deep rich color. It seems everyone else is into the Scandinavian look with all the neutrals and such. You have some great ideas. I've added you to my favorites. I'm Paula by the way....nice to meet you.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

What a great tip on a good product! I've used gold metallic craft paint with the same purpose but that stuff looks easier and more the look I'm hoping for.

Unknown said...

It definitely jazzed them up.

KM Studios said...

thanks for stoping by my blog!

I love your Fleur De lis!
Its got some "umf" to it now!
Great job.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I think I need to get me some metallic glaze! This is the 2nd post today where someone really enhanced the appearance of something with the metallic glaze. Your things looks great! I love your table....I need a long and narrow table just like it! The search continues...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails