Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yummy (easy) Curry ~

Yummy Recipe | Inspiration

Here is a great (super easy) recipe for chicken curry (okay, "recipe" might be a bit of an overstatement since I am using jarred curry paste). 

Here is what you need:
Cubed Chicken
Curry Paste (mine is from World Market)
Can of Light Coconut Milk
Can of Diced Tomatoes
1 Chopped Onion
Chicken Broth
Vegetable Oil
Rice (I use brown)


Saute onion in a couple tablespoons of oil. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned. 

Then stir in the curry paste (I used a couple heaping tablespoons - but add as much or as little as you like). Cook for a couple of minutes. Then add tomatoes and chicken broth (I added a few cups of broth, it just depends on how much curry paste you add). 

Now time for the coconut milk, gotta love this stuff (I think I might have added the entire can)! Simmer uncovered until the chicken is completely cooked. 

And serve over hot rice. I added a little sour cream and cilantro.
Oh, yes...yummy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh looks yummy...im gonna try this...i've become a fan of urs...drop more recipes and arts...

The Pineapple Room said...

Congratulations!!!!! I just sat down to read the new Romantic Homes...and saw that you and your blog were featured. I'm so excited for you!

Terrell said...

Oh my!! How yumm does this look!!?! I love curry..so I'm for sure going to have to give this recipe a try! Thank you so much for sharing it!
~Terrell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails