Holiday Decor | Inspiration
If you are aching for a little more Valentine's Day decor, there is fun tutorial over at Lowe's Creative Ideas for this Garden Valentine...
- With a pencil, draw a heart at least 1 foot wide on contractor's paper. Cut out this template with scissors.
- Roll out a section of lawn-and-garden hex netting, and place the heart template over it. Wearing gloves, use a wire cutter to clip around the outline of the heart. Repeat to create a second heart-shaped piece of netting.
- Connect the two pieces of netting by twisting the edges together with pliers. Start at the bottom and work up the sides of the heart. At the top, leave an opening large enough to fit your hand inside. Note: Protect your hands by wearing gloves during this step.
- Spray-paint the heart mold in the color of your choice. Allow to dry.
- Stuff the inside of the heart with sheet moss, again wearing gloves. (For a 15-inch-wide heart, you will need approximately four bags of moss.) Complete the heart by twisting together the remaining netting at the top using pliers. Turn under any sharp edges.
- Weave a piece of red primary wire around the twisted netting to provide a safe and attractive edge. Snip excess wire.