Thursday, October 29, 2009

Unfinished Box to Harlequin Beauty ~

Kathy over at Creative Home Expressions showed this lovely box from the blog of Norma Lee Good earlier this week and that harlequin box instantly screamed my name. So...

I had this unfinished box that I painted black and gold a few years ago. And it has literally just sat in the closet waiting for me to finish my original project.

So with that beautiful box in mind, I drew a harlequin pattern on the box in pencil and painted in the pattern with white acrylic paint.

I then brought out my go to Miniwax Gel Stain and gave the box a little character.

I took one of the recycled key holes that I purchased at Re Store a few months back - and I painted it black , sanded the edges and stained it as well.

I love the finished project and want to thank Norma Lee for the inspiration!


I added this to Before and After Party at Thrift Decor Chick. Tons of great transformations!

Be sure to check out The Shabby Chic Cottage. I just posted this to Transformation Thursday - there are a ton of great ideas.

Just a Girl is hosting a great party - "I Can Make That" Party. Be sure to go check it out!

25 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You drew that harlequin design? That is fabulous! I love it! It turned out great and I love the little keyhole you added.

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Love it. I'm glad you did such a great job...especially since you linked back to me! haha. I'm really impressed with your harlequin. I am in the process as we speak of painting it. This is how it goes in my world: I paint one color and then I have to go back and paint the other color and so the cycle begins and never ends...

kimmcl said...

Note to self: buy Minwax Gel Stain!
Thanks! Kim

Stephanie said...

Looks great! Don't you love it when you finish a project that's been waiting on the perfect idea...LOVE IT!!

cmluvs2stamp said...

Me like! Me want! lol. You did a fabulous job! Thanks for sharing

Mom's Place said...

Perfection!

Jacey @ Trash2MyTreasure said...

WOW! It turned out so cute! I love it!

Karen/Elsie Eleanor Designs said...

love it!

Tina said...

I love it! It looks so good! The box was even cute black and gold but now it has character! Good job!!

http://tinasz.blogspot.com/

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Great job! This looks so great and I love the harlequin pattern. What a great project!!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Wow! What a transformation. Your box looked great before, now it is even better!

Have a Happy Halloween!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Okay, home decorating is in my top 3 things I love (next to entertaining and fashion). Your blog has such beautiful inspiration!! : )

Jacey @ Trash2MyTreasure said...

You've been AWARDED!
http://trash2mytreasure.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-very-first-award.html

{ L } said...

Wow! You did an amazing job! It is gorgeous. Well done.

Angie said...

That box is fabulous!!!

Let it Shine said...

That is darling!

Anonymous said...

Put a little fleur de lis lamp finial on top and it will be even cuter!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

oh my that box turned out fabulous! when (if) you decide you don't like it anymore, can you send it to me? :)

Jane said...

I liked the box when it was just black but I LOVE that box now! I love the pattern and adding the keyhole was the perfect touch.
Jane

Lara Harris said...

Love it!Bravo!:)

Katie said...

Great job! I love it.

Dawn said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

Chris said...

B-rilliant! Love what you did!

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always

Joanne said...

This post inspired me to finish a box I've saved for 19 years! You're gonna love this! Thanks you for you instructions and inspiration!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056765&id=1540129617&l=b905e8c49d

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails