Thursday, October 29, 2009

Unfinished Box to Harlequin Beauty ~

Kathy over at Creative Home Expressions showed this lovely box from the blog of Norma Lee Good earlier this week and that harlequin box instantly screamed my name. So...

I had this unfinished box that I painted black and gold a few years ago. And it has literally just sat in the closet waiting for me to finish my original project.

So with that beautiful box in mind, I drew a harlequin pattern on the box in pencil and painted in the pattern with white acrylic paint.

I then brought out my go to Miniwax Gel Stain and gave the box a little character.

I took one of the recycled key holes that I purchased at Re Store a few months back - and I painted it black , sanded the edges and stained it as well.

I love the finished project and want to thank Norma Lee for the inspiration!


I added this to Before and After Party at Thrift Decor Chick. Tons of great transformations!

Be sure to check out The Shabby Chic Cottage. I just posted this to Transformation Thursday - there are a ton of great ideas.

Just a Girl is hosting a great party - "I Can Make That" Party. Be sure to go check it out!

24 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You drew that harlequin design? That is fabulous! I love it! It turned out great and I love the little keyhole you added.

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Love it. I'm glad you did such a great job...especially since you linked back to me! haha. I'm really impressed with your harlequin. I am in the process as we speak of painting it. This is how it goes in my world: I paint one color and then I have to go back and paint the other color and so the cycle begins and never ends...

Kim said...

Note to self: buy Minwax Gel Stain!
Thanks! Kim

Stephanie said...

Looks great! Don't you love it when you finish a project that's been waiting on the perfect idea...LOVE IT!!

Delchick42 said...

Me like! Me want! lol. You did a fabulous job! Thanks for sharing

Jacey Autumn Photography said...

WOW! It turned out so cute! I love it!

Karen/Elsie Eleanor Designs said...

love it!

Tina said...

I love it! It looks so good! The box was even cute black and gold but now it has character! Good job!!

http://tinasz.blogspot.com/

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Great job! This looks so great and I love the harlequin pattern. What a great project!!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Wow! What a transformation. Your box looked great before, now it is even better!

Have a Happy Halloween!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Okay, home decorating is in my top 3 things I love (next to entertaining and fashion). Your blog has such beautiful inspiration!! : )

Jacey Autumn Photography said...

You've been AWARDED!
http://trash2mytreasure.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-very-first-award.html

Moore Minutes said...

Wow! You did an amazing job! It is gorgeous. Well done.

Angie said...

That box is fabulous!!!

Let it Shine said...

That is darling!

Anonymous said...

Put a little fleur de lis lamp finial on top and it will be even cuter!

Heidi said...

oh my that box turned out fabulous! when (if) you decide you don't like it anymore, can you send it to me? :)

Jane said...

I liked the box when it was just black but I LOVE that box now! I love the pattern and adding the keyhole was the perfect touch.
Jane

Lara Harris said...

Love it!Bravo!:)

Katie said...

Great job! I love it.

Dawn said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

Chris said...

B-rilliant! Love what you did!

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always

Unknown said...

This post inspired me to finish a box I've saved for 19 years! You're gonna love this! Thanks you for you instructions and inspiration!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056765&id=1540129617&l=b905e8c49d

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails