Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Glitter Myself Happy ~



So I know I am a bit behind the trend, but I decided to glitter my way through some old and new Halloween decor. I had these two plastic pumpkins forever and I have always disliked them, but luckily held onto them...so last night they got a second chance


I also picked up a pack of plastic creepy creatures from the dollar store


and for the reveal of my glittery pumpkin display...
Here is the before -

and the after -I love the results and I must say I was looking pretty good with glitter all over my face and I am sure embedded in my hair, but I don't even want to talk about the kitchen floor. I did find that it is easier to apply the same color glitter on the same color object. Black glitter on black spider, as oppose to orange glitter on black spider - you get the idea. So if you haven't already glittered yourself happy, make sure your colors match or give them a quick hit of spray paint before you start.
.
.
I couldn't stop, I then made a dollar store skull orange...

9 comments:

Patricia said...

Looks awesome!

ChesterAndDonkey said...

Those look beautiful! I love both of your vignettes ... especially the cloche. Great job!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Those pumpkins turned out fantastic! They look so great now! Did you spray them with a spray adhesive then sprinkle the glitter on them?

Brabourne Farm said...

Love seeing all these gorgeous images - we don't have Halloween in Australia so it's so lovely to see all your decorations. Leigh

Sharon said...

Halloween is made for glitter. Very pretty.

Angie said...

HA! Knowing myself I would have ended up glittered head to toe! These turned out great!! I Love the pumpkins on the candle stick very cool idea!

Oliver's said...

So stinkin cute!

Karen/Elsie Eleanor Designs said...

Love this! I like the way you add in the burlap and the glitter on the pumpkins and spiders looks fantastic!

KM Studios said...

glitter is just magical.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails