Thursday, October 15, 2009

Goodwill Bench, In Progress ~

So I have been playing with my Goodwill bench.
Here are a few of step along the way.
Here is the before, straight home from my local Goodwill.

Then I started by applying Liquid Sander to the legs. For the top I had to pull out my handy dandy hand sander due to the thin layer of laminate.

I then painted the legs black and stained the top with Miniwax Dark Walnut.

But I wasn't loving the wood grain on the top, so I painted it black and then lightly sanded the edges of the legs.
It still needs something else - maybe a stenciled top or maybe bag the painting and add an upholstered top....hum.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Great find. Love the black ... but I did like the stained top :-)

ChesterAndDonkey said...

Oooh, that wood is pretty! I like it that it looks like trim. And I think a stencil would look great. Good job!

KM Studios said...

how about some fancy draw pulls. even if those are fake draws it would still add something.

whats going to go on top? consider that as well
great find though!!
lookin better by the second

Oliver's said...

I am seeing a crown knob on the middle "faux drawer" the black and antique gold ones you find at Hobby Lobby! It looks great! Love the black, Paula

Roeshel said...

Great job! It's so pretty! I can't wait to see what you do. All good suggestions. :)

Roeshel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails