Monday, October 26, 2009

Thrift Finds to New Pedestal ~

So do you remember these guys I picked up at Goodwill last week? Each item was .99 cents.


I spray painted them black and headed for my tube of liquid nails.

I received this floor vase from my Mother-in-law years ago. And the other day noticed the shape of the vase....hum

I thought - what if I added a knob to the top?
(This knob came from Home Depot for about $6 bucks)


It looks like this...

So put it altogether and here is my new cloche with pedestal base! And the final tally: base $2, glass dome was the cost of knob $6, the tassel (I think I picked it up at Tuesday Morning for $2) - so the grand total = $10ish! I am loving my new glass cloche with pedestal base.

I linked this up to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch - a ton of great ideas over there!

Kimba at A Soft Place to Land is having DIY Day! I just love this linky party - always full of fabulous projects!

I also linked it up to Trash To Treasure Tuesday over at Reinvented!

I just added this to Creative Cats Friday over at Poppies at Play!

24 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That looks great! I love how that all worked out and came together.

Annette said...

That looks great! I might have to try that because I never find tall cloches at the thrift store but I see those large vases all the time. Great job!

Rhonda said...

Wow!! Great way to repurpose. That looks awesome!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Great job! I love taking something old and making it new! I was at goodwill yesterday buying candlesticks and plates to make cake stands. Great minds think alike, right? Love your blog.
Traci

Chany said...

Muy buen trabajo te felicito, con cariƱo chany desde Argentina, Mi blog para metamorfosis es : La casa de Chany.-

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

I love that look! I was really into the cloche thing last year. Had just the right spot for one, but never found one that was the right size. Maybe I need to try your idea. Thanks!

Karen/Elsie Eleanor Designs said...

Very creative!

Angie said...

I'm impressed!!! That's an imagination at it's finest!

Amy said...

Great idea!~

cindy@cottage instincts said...

Love it! I'm finding all manner of stuff to be repurposed into cloches and pedestals. Hooray for liquid nails, eh?
peace.

Cathe Holden said...

I LOVE the way you think!!!

Erin J. said...

Too cute! What a great idea too! And I bet you paid hardly anything for your finds right?

Enchantresses Three said...

Wow!! Love it!!
hugs,
Sariah

Alexandra MacVean said...

Girl...I am impressed!! Wish you were closer to help me be that creative for my new home! :)

niartist said...

Can I tell you how FABULOUS THIS IS!!?!?!? The vase turned cloche, GENIUS! Thank you for this ... inspiring! Can't believe I'm just now following yoU!!! hope you'll find time to stop by my place soon!

Oliver's said...

So clever! Paula

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

Love these DIY projects! Awesome transformation :)

Moore Minutes said...

Wow, I'm impressed! You are super talented to pull these projects off so beautifully!

BlueCastle said...

Great projects! So creative. :)

Unknown said...

Love it! I need a tube of Liquid Nails! Thanks for linking up.

Anonymous said...

I am loving this too!

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

I am so going to copy you on that. LOVE IT!

Let it Shine said...

It looks fantastic! I love your lion!
(I did the same thing to a candle sconce....great minds think alike :))

Andy Porter said...

You'd never guess that it was made from so many different items!! I love the knob on the top! It's the perfect touch!! Thanks for linking!!
~Andy @ Poppies@Play

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails