Thursday, July 16, 2009

To Paint or Glaze...

I really want to update my current kitchen cabinets. As of right now I would LOVE distressed white but I am open to an inexpensive change. So I was thinking about applying a "glaze" to our existing color. My Mom and I did a little research and recently purchased Sherwood from Sherwin Williams. It is a glaze that you can put over sealed surfaces.

Here is the color of our current cabinets:
I think I will start on the back of a cabinet door in the laundry room. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep checking to see how this worked out. Please do tell.....

Janelle said...

Try using the poly shades by Minwax. It is a stain and polyurithane mixed together. When we bought our home they had done cabinet refacing. The cabinet bodies were oak but the doors were almond laminate. So I ordered all new doors and they were a different shade of oak. So, the lovely guy at Lowes showed me how to use the polyshade. I used the Pecan and they matched up perfectly! Now it has been 6 years and I want to do the cabinets and doors with the Walnut Polyshade to darken them up and update the color. Oh, I lightly sanded the cabinets with a fine sandpaper, then I used a white foam roller to roll on the polyshade, then I used one of those flat foam trimmer things from the paint section to gently glide over it to take out any bubbles and give it a nice smooth finish.. Sorry I dont' have pictures. I also plan on doing my Oak Mater bedroom furniture. Good Luck!

StevenHWicker said...

Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Reuse Paint Roller

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails