Monday, July 27, 2009

This Little Old Thing...

I had this old vase sitting in the back of my cabinet - I am pretty sure it has been there for years - and decided to give it a new look.

So I spray painted the vase black. And once dry, I traced the outline of a fleur-de-lis (the cutout I got at Michaels for .99). I then painted it white with my go-to white acrylic paint.


It was a bit too white, so I pulled out my trusty Miniwax Gel Stain


and gave it a great new look...and the best part, was I had everything already on-hand. It always amazes me what a little black spray paint and some stain can do!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I love it! Went to Paris last fall for the first time and I'm all about everything French now, great idea and I am going to copy you if you don't mind!

Perch Home said...

I love that you reused what you had...my favorite kind of decorating.

Michelle said...

Wow, what a transformation! I have a lot of fleur-de-lis stuff at my house so of course I love what you did!

~Michelle :)

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

This looks great! I just love it!

Unknown said...

Love this! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing and have a super week.

Charla

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails