Friday, July 17, 2009

Swing Baby, Swing...

In addition to our new "extended" patio, we recently were the lucky recipients of a hand-me-down swing set from my sister-in-law. Unfortunately the below photos are the only before photos I can find. This was after we moved all the plants and had a bit of a mess in the middle of the soon-to-be covered up grass.
We pulled out our lawn, laid down weed fabric, installed 8 4x6's to contain the 14 yards of wood chips that we wheel-barreled in...now a brief note to all of you who may be in the market for wood chips, for roughly $200 more you can have these blown in in a matter of minutes. But we thought, hey let's save a couple hundred dollars, I mean how hard can it be???? Take it from me have them blown in!
I think they kiddos had just as much fun with the wood chips as they did with the swing set...
Here is the swing set right after it was set-up: And here it is after I sanded the entire set (with my handy dandy hand sander) and Behr Premium Solid Color Stain.

3 comments:

ToyaB said...

Great job looks like a fun place for the kiddos to play.

Home Security Expert said...

Looks like a great place to swing.

baby swing reviews

Sandra J said...

That's great information. Thanks for sharing this blog. I did a search and found your blog and glowing review. It's been a big help! Thanx!Read more

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails