Thursday, July 23, 2009

From Cone to Ta Da...

What could you do with this you ask?


Add a few embellishments - you might just have a few laying around - and

...Ta Da! I added the paper and honestly I used double stick tape! Then I had a few "balls" left over from another project, so I glued one onto the bottom. I then stamped a fleur-de-lis on a piece of black paper, cut it out, added a few jewel embellishments and glued that bad boy on. Then added a few different types of ribbon and filled the top of the cone with the gold "filler". Here is a great way to use up a few odds and ends you have laying around!

I linked this post up to the Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday!

13 comments:

KM Studios said...

wow!
fantastic idea...ove your style

Sue said...

This is great! Love it! I think I know where I can source some industrial cones too...hmm..Christmas gifts you say?
TFS!

The Starr Family said...

Really love this idea, so very creative! Kudos girl!

Wendy said...

That's just fabulous! What a great job!

Jen said...

Ta Da for sure! I likey! Great job! The Fleur adds the perfect touch!

Vanessa said...

It's a beauty!

Linh C. said...

Great little project! And I have exactly the same stuff lying around my crafting area. I was wondering what to do with all of the little wooden doll heads that I got for free at a yard sale, and now I know. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Tiffany said...

Very creative use of supplies. Nice job.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is really great for just a few things you had laying around! Did you attach the ribbon and gold cord with glue or punch a couple of holes in the top and thread them through?

Room to Inspire said...

I actually punched holes in the sides of the cone. I have a very lethal looking hole punch that worked great!

Thanks for all of the great comments!

Anonymous said...

great idea! i need to go get me a cone and some odds and ends and make me one! thanks!

rebekahweckerly@gmail.com said...

how very very clever!! Love this!

Brittany said...

great idea!

stop by my Goodwill party every Wednesday and link up your thrifty finds!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails