Thursday, July 23, 2009

From Cone to Ta Da...

What could you do with this you ask?


Add a few embellishments - you might just have a few laying around - and

...Ta Da! I added the paper and honestly I used double stick tape! Then I had a few "balls" left over from another project, so I glued one onto the bottom. I then stamped a fleur-de-lis on a piece of black paper, cut it out, added a few jewel embellishments and glued that bad boy on. Then added a few different types of ribbon and filled the top of the cone with the gold "filler". Here is a great way to use up a few odds and ends you have laying around!

I linked this post up to the Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday!

14 comments:

KMfamily ;-) said...

wow!
fantastic idea...ove your style

Sue said...

This is great! Love it! I think I know where I can source some industrial cones too...hmm..Christmas gifts you say?
TFS!

Kate Starr said...

Really love this idea, so very creative! Kudos girl!

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

That's just fabulous! What a great job!

Jen said...

Ta Da for sure! I likey! Great job! The Fleur adds the perfect touch!

Vanessa said...

It's a beauty!

Linh C. said...

Great little project! And I have exactly the same stuff lying around my crafting area. I was wondering what to do with all of the little wooden doll heads that I got for free at a yard sale, and now I know. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Tiffany said...

Very creative use of supplies. Nice job.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is really great for just a few things you had laying around! Did you attach the ribbon and gold cord with glue or punch a couple of holes in the top and thread them through?

Room to Inspire said...

I actually punched holes in the sides of the cone. I have a very lethal looking hole punch that worked great!

Thanks for all of the great comments!

julie said...

great idea! i need to go get me a cone and some odds and ends and make me one! thanks!

rebekah said...

how very very clever!! Love this!

JobandBrittany said...

great idea!

stop by my Goodwill party every Wednesday and link up your thrifty finds!!

徵信社 said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

參觀,Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails