Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Playroom Artwork

My husband and I purchased a vintage poster in a shop in Maui about 4 years ago. Before kiddos, this room was the pool room and this was the only artwork in the room. Well now that it has transformed into a playroom, I wanted the playroom artwork to match...so I painted 2 pieces on canvas. Here is the vintage poster:

Here is one of two - Reach For The Stars, Dreams Come True
Here is the second - Let Your Heart Soar, Enjoy the Journey

Here is a shot of the Playroom Wall
I wanted black backgrounds so all the artwork had the same "feel". I color matched the fonts at the bottom of the vintage poster and tried to match the style of fonts as best I could.

I linked to up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special Linky Party!

6 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

Wait? You painted those?! Wow! I am impressed! I could never do that and they turned out perfect. Amazing job! :)

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Uh... let me get this straight. YOU painted those freehand?!?

Why don't you have 5000 followers?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Holey wet paint, girl. I'm stunned! They are gorgeous!

If you aren't already, you ought to be selling stuff like that!

(stunned)

Do you even know how good they are?!?

(stunned)

Thanks for joining the party! Wow. wow wow.

Funky Junk Donna

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know, I featured your painting in my Today's Hot Find. :)

Funky Junk Donna

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

You are so talented! Great job.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

I'm going to bug you one more time. You're featured again. :) This time permanently!

http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2009/10/highlights-from-sat-nite-special-1.html

Funky Junk Donna

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I suppose a wine poster isn't totally appropriate for a childrens playroom. :)
The two pieces you did are AMAZING!!!! I love how you used the poster as inspiration for your colors. Well done!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails