Tuesday, August 4, 2009

$8 Thrifty Vignette...


Remember a couple of my thrift finds a few weeks back...

I kept coming up with different ideas for the cake stand, but when it came down to it, it was pretty cute as is. I did add a cute ribbon with a chandelier crystal (I had a pack from Home Depot) just to "bling" it up a bit.

For the frame I used my go-to Miniwax gel stain and stained the edges.

Then I cut out a piece of decorative paper to fit the frame, traced around my fleur-de-lis wood cut-out from Michael's (I used it on the vase re-due last week). Then I cut out the letter "P" from my computer.

Assembled the frame back together...lovin' my .49 cent frame...added a few accents I had in the closet.

And here is a nice little vignette for under $8! Linked to DIY Day over at A Soft Place to Land!

10 comments:

LoveNestNo.2 said...

thank you for going through the steps. very nice! I am going to have to copy you!! :)

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

That looks sooo elegant!!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Looks great, and easy enough that I could do. Jackie

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I love that piece of art--it's such a great example of using what you have to make an inexpensive accent. I'm here from DIY Day--thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love, love love it!

Queen B. said...

way cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

very cute!

Unknown said...

Very creative...I love it!

Nancy

Little Lovables said...

wow, it's so pretty!

Let it Shine said...

So cute! Love the crystal and the fleur de lis!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails