Monday, August 15, 2011

Salvage Door ~

Design | Inspiration


So after my post about architectural details, I got thinking about a door that has been sitting in our garage for-eva. 
 
We recently purchased a new sectional - more on that later - so there has been a bit of shuffling going on. And I am on a "less is more" kick...yes, clean and decluttered. My hubby had to remind me yesterday, that we still want to look like we actually "live" in our home still! I am rambling...

So here is the bookcase in our family room: Before.
In the perfect world, it would be white with lovely molding from head to toe. 
Right now, it is this lovely (gag) wood.

Bring out the mentioned door. 
Yes, those are hints of pink! This is why is has still been in the garage.

And let the layering begin. 
First up, broken clock face.

Next, small working clock.

A little iron scroll detail. And some fabulous door hardware.


And then with a little less scroll. 

And then I played around with some books. Hum...

Lovin' the books.

I must say, I had fun playing around, but the hubby was not "into" the new/old door look. 
So onto something else.

5 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

WOW! I love this! Take that Pottery Barn!

xoxo
Kathleen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the look. It is fabulous and the books look wonderful too. Hugs, Marty

Christina said...

Just gorgeous!
xoxo

A Thrifted Market said...

What..your leaving it right, I love the way it looks!! Great job!

Linda said...

I absolutley LOVE it!!!!! It is PERFECT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails