Friday, August 19, 2011

Anyone know what this is?

My Mom and I picked this up at Goodwill awhile back, and I have no idea what it is? I have done a million Google searches, but haven't found anything remotely similar. 


So I come to you, my fabulous readers to find out what it is! 

It is 12"x12" and fairly heavy.
Here are a few shots of the numbers. They are increments of 6, but I am unsure what the measurements are - they are not inches or millimeters. The entire length of the "ruler" is 7.5".



And here is the back:


Any ideas??? I would love to hear them!

**Update**
Thank you, my wonderful readers, for the great responses! I would have never guessed it was a pill tile - never in a million years! So a $5 buy from Goodwill, not bad.

5 comments:

Diana Pike said...

Here you go, check out an identical item at this site http://sawbonesantiques.com/inventory/m738.htm
Diana from Closet Crafter

Unknown said...

I thought maybe it was for rolling out dough. I went to the site that Diana sited and yours looks even better than the one for sale. What a great and unique find.
Traci

Bellen said...

checked the noted site - what a find!
Bet you didn't spend anywhere close to what they're charging.

Being what it is, can you use it in your bathroom?

Lauralee @ The Eclectic Stitcher said...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-DRUGGIST-PHARMACIST-MEASURING-PLATE-1800s-/120764926258

What a neat find!

Lauralee @ The Eclectic Stitcher said...

BTW, I want to shop at your Goodwill!!! Ours only has Walmart carp in it....sigh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails