Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Easy Squeezy Book Aging ~

DIY | Inspiration

As my darling hubby was not jumping up and down for my latest "door art", I decided to reshuffle a few things on the bookcase. First things first, I grabbed all of my vintage books...love them! But realized I need a few more. 

So I grabbed a few "new" books (the one on the right already had a little elbow grease into it).


Grabbed my sand paper, and sanded, sanded and...yes, sanded some more.
Don't they look great?
I will fair warn you, this is messy. Like super messy, especially with the black binding. I would have showed you a shot "during" but my hands were covered. You could even go a step further and add a little Distress Ink to the edges.

I think they look great mixed right in with the vintage ones. And you can pick them up at Goodwill for super cheap!

6 comments:

Lavender and Linen said...

Great project!☺ Have a great week!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

pretty clever! I will certainly try this!

Our Hopeful Home said...

This is so great! I always pick up great vintage-looking books at thrift stores but can't always find good ones. I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing.

xoxo
Kathleen

Sherrie said...

What a smart idea!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great idea. They look fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Linda said...

You are so clever! I must have missed the 'door' post.....I am going now to look for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails