Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dressing Up a Stack of Books ~

DIY | Holiday Project Inspiration

I love books - old books, new books, stacking books. So I decided to dress up these guys for the holidays. 

I simply started with a few pieces of sheet music (yes, I still am using the 2 books I purchased from Goodwill forever ago) and a little glitter.

I rolled up the sheet music and added some glitter to the edges.

I then printed and cut out "i believe", added a bow and some jewels and placed it on my stack of books.
Super easy and quick. You could use any paper and ribbon you had on hand. 

Just a fun way to dress up a little corner of your home.



10 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This makes for a really pretty display, Chelsea! Sheet music is really a multi-tasker in decorating!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

You always have the best creative ideas!!!!!I love stopping by your blg:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Sandra said...

Very simple but elegant!

Tammy said...

You never cease to amaze me with your ideas. Just beautiful!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Another beautiful project!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

What a simple and great idea!

BearShe Cottage said...

I am a book lover myself. Your handmade display is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is SO pretty! Fabulous job!

FineArtPainting said...

I have to say that I am sincerely admiring your oh-so-classy christmas decor.

So much is either same-old or way over the top, but I find your decorations have the balance, are unique and a pleasure to look at.

Compliments.

I just wrote an article on my blog on the 10 holiday decorating mistakes to avoid, so I guess my eye is a bit more trained/critical than usual.

Anyhow, I enjoy your blog and happy holidays.

Rose
FineCraftGuild dot com

Jilly said...

I like your idea to keeping napkins for the reception table. Rolling up is very unique idea, well, using colourful ribbons will looks attractive.
internet watch

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails