Thursday, July 8, 2010

From Wood Shed to Fun Playhouse ~

Last week I was at my friend Keri's house (you can check out a tour of her house here and here) and she just completed the most darling playhouse...I just had to take a few pics!

They purchased a wood shed and customized it to be this darling hangout for her 5 year old daughter and almost 2 year old son. Yes, those are hardwood floors - she wanted to give them the real deal!

The door is my favorite part - she purchased a recycled door, cut it to size and added an adorable antique door knob.


She made these adorable letters with scrapbook paper and a few perfect embellishments. And her daughter got to add some of her beautiful artwork!


I love the colors she selected - the light blue ceiling is perfect. 

And to finish off the decor, a little Pottery Barn Kids-ish twig display in the corner. 
And a few more sweet little details...
(check out the molding - who would have thought it was just a wood shed)
And I couldn't resist a few shots of her gorgeous outdoor pots...




Summer has finally arrive in Seattle - can I hear a who hoo! It has arrived with the sun blazing (these are our adorable doggies loving the warm weather).




17 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is...the damn fanciest most beautifully designed club house I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing and for your clear, light-filled pictures. It's a very inspiring space!

Suzanne said...

Amazing. All of it. The playhouse, the beautiful flower-filled containers, the porch. It's all eye candy!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

How cute! I don't think a girl ever gets too old for the thought of a playhouse! I am sure her kids will have years of enjoyment from it!

Quick question, I want to put my blog name on my pictures and wondered if you use anything special to do that?

Rachel said...

That is an amazing clubhouse! Makes me want to be a kid again! :)

And YES! Summer has finally arrived in the Northwest! I'm kinda dreading the 90+ temps today!

Sherrie said...

Such a beautiful play house!Thanks for sharing the pictures and stay cool :0)

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Oh my gosh! I love the clubhouse letters!

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

Wow, a little girls dream house! How awesome is that?! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What an awesome playhouse! I want one! So cute!

Yeah that the sun has finally arrived in the PNW. Hope you are having fun with your kids this summer!

Lisa

Terrell said...

That is seriously precious!! I know my daughter would spend countless hours playing inside something that sweet!! awww! Thank you for sharing...and her flowers are beautiful as well! Happy hugs to you!
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Kris said...

What an adorable shed!! I have always wanted one too. First for my girls, who are now quite grown with families of their own, then for my grands, and also, one of me, a hideaway. Hooray for summer in Seattle!

Angie said...

LOVE it!!!

Linda said...

This is my first visit to your site and I loved reading your posts! That little playhouse is as adorable as your dogs! Thanks for sharing!

Alicia W. said...

Hey, I want a Mommy playhouse with no kids or hubs allowed. Can she make me one? :) that's the best club house I have ever seen.

Life in Rehab said...

I can't see your photos from work, and the description today made me crazy! It was so worth logging in to see.

Meghan said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

I had a playhouse when I was little and it so did not look like this. I'm feeling very neglected and it may require some counseling.

Lovely pics, lovely everything.

Lisa

Unknown said...

That is amazing! I won't be showing that to my kids. They would be sooo jealous. Love it all. Thanks for sharing.
Brooke

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails