Thursday, November 19, 2009

.99 Cent Jar into Holiday Gift ~

On my last trip to Michaels I picked up this .99 cent jar. I loved the shape and began thinking how I could transform it into a little something more and possibly a gift idea too.

I gathered some supplies...


And ta-da!

I printed out an image, grabbed a little double stick tape and started assembling.
Now this was just my first attempt. I love the price, had a fun time and was able to use items I had on hand. I don't know about you, but I have A LOT of misc. items on hand - a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I think these could make a great hostess gift - you could use a holiday image and even fill it with something sweet. I picked up a larger jar at Goodwill yesterday, so stay tuned for more!

8 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Very cute!!! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great idea! Keep 'em coming ~ I need to get started on my gifts!

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

Cute! I love giving (and getting) something in cute jar like that. Today I was at TJ Maxx and saw a wooden plaque with a crown on it and thought about you. Then at Walmart I bought a box of Kleenex that had a Fleur de Lis on it and thought of you again! Is that weird???

Jane said...

These bottles are fun to make and like you said they are a great way to use up some of the little bits and pieces that start to pile up. Your 1st attempt was perfect!
Jane

Angie said...

another great one! looking forward to seeing the one from Goodwill!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hey....that gave me a really super idea!!!! :) Woot! Happy Thursday!

Chany Tzera said...

Te quedó divino me encanta, te felicito, Chany

Deb said...

wow you are very creative....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails