Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ty's Amazing Iced Pumpkin Cookies ~

Food | Inspiration


My niece Ty has been making these amazing pumpkin cookies and I just had to share the recipe. Be warned, they are super yummy and super addictive! And with a little coffee - oh, so yummy!
 recipe from allrecipes.com

 

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Icing:
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.

  1. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.

4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency. 

 Try them, you will love them (if you like pumpkin)!

Linked to:
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl
The Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming



11 comments:

Jane said...

I love pumpkin so I know I'm going to love these. Thanks for the recipe. I just might try and bake these this weekend.
Jane

Unknown said...

Yummers.

Terrell said...

Ohhh these look scrump! And can you imagine how they'd smell when baking! Heavenly!!! Thank you for the recipe!!
Have a super day
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Erin said...

I adore everything pumpkin. I WILL be testing this recipe:)

Michelle said...

I'm with Erin, I adore everything pumpkin too, thanks for sharing!

John H said...

These look delish !

KM Studios said...

I can just smell them baking...perfect for the coming season!

Nita Stacy said...

Those look incredibly good. I made pumpkin cookies years ago that were good and then lost the recipe. So I'm super happy to find another recipe. Thanks!

Peggy said...

Oh my goodness your cookies look yummy! Can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing! I love what you have done to make your kitchen spooky

Okie Chic said...

I'm making these this weekend!!! Sounds soo good.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I am addig them to my holiday baking list =) I featured this on the Sunday Showcase post. Stop by and grab a button if you like. Thanks so much for linking up. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails