Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lovin' this Spray Paint ~

I had to share my new love for this stuff - 

I picked it up thinking, maybe I could use it to repaint the climbing steps on my kiddos swing set...little did I know, I was going to fall in love and end up painting my way to the end of the can - and wanting more! Unfortunately, I didn't take any before photos. But I do have this one from last year after we freshly painted the set. 

And here is it is today - the climbing steps, the two swing and the glider all got a fresh new look.


And I am sure you all can bet what I want to paint next - yes, I am thinking about tackling that slide! Now I know this is not great design, and this post is simply featuring painted swings - but I had to share how great this product covers and I will keep you posted on its durability as the Summer goes on.

Don't forget, my current giveaway ends tonight!



11 comments:

Vanessa said...

Krylon is amazing, I can't wait to pick up a couple of cans so I can spray paint a couple 'o things that need it at the homestead!

Lovely blog and so inspiring, too. I shall follow and check back for inspiration!

Jules said...

How great is spray paint!! I like the new touches you put on the play set. :)

Suzanne said...

No swing-set in the backyard with plastic, BUT I'm in the mood to scour the hood and find me a well-used swing-set just so I can try the stuff! Great transformation!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is good to know about, Chelsea, because of all those plastic outdoor table and chair sets. I know I have an old one in our gazebo and I usually cover the table with one of those vinyl tablecloths. It would be nice to paint it a darker color and freshen it up.

Reunion Committee said...

I love that paint also.. be aware that the really cool colors are hard to find. My walmart sells out of them instantly. people are on to it! lol
looks like a brand new set!!
~Tana

Nina Diane said...

oh how I love the spray paints! it looks great....

Becca Ross said...

I'm with you on the love of spray paint. I recently posted about my love of high heat spray paint.

http://becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-love-of-high-heat-spray-paint.html

Who knew they had spray paint for plastic, high heat, adding texture, and making chalkboards. Blogging has opened my eyes to so many products at Lowes!

Becca

1 Funky Woman said...

Great job! we need to paint our climbing rocks on our playset too! Did you tape around them? How did you not hit the wall itself?

Unknown said...

The paint spray is wonderful. You remind me that I should do this to my swing set that brought from lifespanswingsets.com.au to make it to be more shining. The weather in Australia ruins our swing set.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That play set looks so amazing!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh yes, I love this stuff as well. I used this stuff on my faded, baby blue plastic shutters a chic black. That was three years ago and they still look sharp. Great product and very smart of you too use it to update a playground.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails