Thursday, March 10, 2011

Clock Top Table ~

DIY | Inspiration

So yes, I love clocks...not the digital-annoying-wake-you-up kind, but lovely clocks with detailed hands and rustic faces. I was sad the day this one no longer worked. He is big and grand, but sadly not in the misfit closet. So I pulled him out the other day determined to find a use for his lovely face.

Remember this Goodwill table?

Well, if you add a large clock face to a kinda-boring table, you get a one-of-a-kind side table with just a touch of whimsy!

Yes, it is possible that your hubby may look at you sideways, but you might just fall in love. 

Before:

After:

When the weather gets a bit warmer, I might give that base a nice coat of black...or maybe find a new home for my lovely clock face altogether.

Ah, the beauty of an ever evolving home!

A larger table? check
A use for my lovely clock? check
A fun unique piece? check
Hubby renewed love for my creative side? we will see! 


Circle of Moms.com is voting for the top 25 Home Design blogs.



The list is filled with some amazing blogs, and if you enjoy mine, please feel free to give me a vote!

15 comments:

Okie Chic said...

What a great use of that clock. I think it makes that table look better. And I love the whimsy factor that it adds to your room.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Great idea! I love the way it looks!

Love My Country Home said...

love the new table!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oh my gosh, that is an idea I've been thinking of doing to a small, plain side table myself, Chelsea! I think that's a great alternative for such a great looking clock.

mle said...

That clock face looks great as a table top!! Great idea : )

foreverdecorating said...

That's what I call quick, easy and fun decorating...I think it looks great!

Mud Pie Studio said...

Love it. I'm looking for a Craigslist table right now to paint a clock face on. Love how yours came together.

Lori
www.mudpiestudio.blogspot.com

A Thrifted Market said...

This is sooo awesome!! A friend of mine gave me a clock the same size because it didn't work..guess what I'm going to do with it!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nita Stacy said...

Love it!

Debora said...

What a great idea! Love it!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Ha! I have the same clock I turned into a table too. The clock was great but unfortunately it didn't work for very long.

Designs on 47th Street said...

You are brilliant! This looks so classy. Just think what something like that would cost in a high end furniture store. You are good! :)

Donna

Unknown said...

Love this time table!!

KimMalk said...

This is such a cute and easy idea, Chelsea. I have a large clock that I may not get working again, this is some great inspiration.

1 Funky Woman said...

This is so cool, that you put them together! What a cozy little corner! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails