Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Superhero Party - Part 1 ~

Entertaining | Kids Party Inspiration

My kiddos Superhero party was a hit! They had so much fun. 


As each hero arrived, they got suited up in their own personalized disguises. 

I created the design in the Silhouette layout program, it was super easy! And I simply used the heat transfer paper I had on hand. I made the masks with felt (I downloaded the mask template from here) and sewed on an elastic band. Although the sewing of the capes was a bit challenging, I absolutely love how they turned out.

I even made one for Mom and Dad.


When they were all duded up, Super Diesel and Super Fia led a race around the city...aka an obstacle course around our playroom.

With a book exchange at the end...this was such a great substitute to traditional gifts. Everyone came with a book and everyone left with a book. It allowed the party to be less about stuff and more about having fun with friends.

Then it was onto "make your own superhero"!


I picked up the boy/girl cardboard cut-outs from Michaels and simply double stick taped on a cape and mask. It was super fun to see all of the decorated heroes...plus to was nice to get them calmed down after the obstacle course.

Then a little bingo...what party is complete without bingo? I personalized the bingo boards and used fruit snacks for the markers. And yes, everyone was a winner because they all got to eat up the snacks at the end!

Tomorrow I will show you the party decorations, this was a fun theme to decorate...

22 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You did such a great job with this, Chelsea! I cannot believe you made all the capes and masks ~ boy, you are good! I think we need to see a picture of you in yours though. : ) Love the idea of a book exchange in lieu of gifts.

Miss Obara said...

OH my!!! I've been waiting for this post and the fact that it's part 1 means you've been SUPER busy!!
Can't wait to see what else you've done!! Great job on the sewing.
Happy Birthday to your twins! SUPER cute!

Andrea said...

this party completely and utterly puts mine to shame! This year I might get crazy and host a fairy party. I have some great ideas for it!

Okie Chic said...

Okay now this is just too cute!! Makes me want my kids to be little again. Great job your creativity amazes me.

Lilliedale said...

I am definitely going to snag your book exchange idea. we usually just say no gifts please but people always bring them anyways. It looks like it was a "super" party, good job supermom!

Sheila said...

Wow on the capes!

I like the book exchange idea, especially so soon after Christmas.

Gracefully Vintage said...

I LOVE that idea. How sweet they each get their own cape, SO personal and so memorable for each guests. Great Thinking, Love the mom-dad ones too..
Karryann

Unknown said...

What an adorable party! It looks like they all had a blast. The superhero bingo is a great idea, though I wonder how many times you had to refill their gumdrop markers!! Yum!
Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love the cut outs that the kids colored, you must frame those!!!
Janell

kathi @ traybella said...

YOU are such a SUPERmom!! this party is amazing. i love home birthday parties for children and always try to go a wee bit crazy too so that it's extra special. loved the capes, the superhero cutouts, the decorations...just everything!!
fantastic job!
kathi

Yellow House Knits said...

Wow, will you plan my next birthday party?!?! Absolutely amazing. Looks like it was SUCH a fun party!

Marbella Mummy said...

Wow that is one of the cutest, most original kids parties I have seen. Good job! x

craby said...

I am not familiar with Silhouette, but I LOVE those capes! Can you elaborate on how you made them and the fabric you used? Thanks!

Judy Bisaya said...

wow! very original ideas! you help me have an idea of me and my bb's upcoming joint bday party. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea for decorating a superhero. I really like to have a crafty component for my parties and this one was PERFECT!!!

The kids at my son's party designed a super hero scene. But your concept was my inspiration.

I have a post about that and the other activities we did for his superhero training camp here. I also provided a link back to your site. Thanks again!

http://notyournormalsteam.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/hosting-some-halloween-halarity/

Unknown said...

I really liked your blog. It has a sense of humor and quite interesting. Good job guys. Looking forward for more updates.

Books and Manuals
www.gofastek.com

Jelly Bean Party said...

Here are best birthday party venues in Singapore to host your Kid's birthday party. For further information please click Kids Party Singapore

James harper said...

definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog! babys party

Play Dates said...

Nice blog..if any person searching about kids birthday party places near me..then you have to go over the link

Unknown said...

Always choose the best venue for your birthday. Visit the link to know more about Birthday Party Venues in Auckland.

Play Dates said...

Hi. Read your blog and liked a lot. Anyone want to celebrate the birthday somewhere outside in a nice play area. Play Dates is providing the best service to celebrate children birthday party in Bangalore. You can be in touch.

Akshay said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much Take a look Best Gift Ideas for Children

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails