Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My New Favorite Cookie ~

Yummy Recipe | Inspiration

I had to share this fabulous cookie recipe that I made for the kiddos latest Birthday party. They were SO yummy...really addictive-ly yummy (and they are also great frozen)! 

I got the recipe from my friend Val over at Heartland Interiors. She made them with pink frosting - which was of course super fabulous.

Melting Moments
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
Cream butter, add sugar & cornstarch, mix well.
Add vanilla, mix well.
Add flour, mix well.
(Recipe says to refrigerate dough for 1 hour, but you don't need to)
Shape dough into little balls and bake @ 350° for about 10 - 12 minutes
(or until cookies barely turn golden).
Frost with your favorite butter cream frosting!

I was in a huge hurry and didn't have time to make butter cream frosting, so I will let you in on my "cheater" way of making frosting. Simply start with store bought frosting (yes, the completely artificial kind by the cake mixes) and start adding a little almond favoring until it makes you smile (if you want, this is a good time to add a little food coloring too). Then mix in as much powdered sugar as you need to to get the consistency back to were it was before you added the flavoring. Like I said "cheater" frosting...but it is super easy in a pinch and better than straight out of the "can"!


Heather said...

Yumm...I will be trying these!

Diana said...

Looks yummy! And so easy, too.

Linda Chapman said...

Thanks for sharing these! And I LOVE the frosting tip! I do believe these cookies will be baking in my kitchen before this day is over!

Val said...

Now those look delicious!!!!!

Amy said...

These look doesn't help that I am starving.

Nancy said...

Sounds yummy. So does the cheater frosting. I cheat too!


christy said...

Made these yesterday (with Packer's green icing) & they were a HUGE hit! So easy & very few ingredients. They taste a lot like the "lofthouse" cookies from your groceries bakery. I had store bought "whipped" butter cream icing, so that it what I used. I will try your cheater way next time.


Related Posts with Thumbnails