Friday, September 24, 2010

Kids Bat Project ~

Kids | Craft Inspiration

My kiddos are always asking to make "art" or a "craft" (which I love). So, today we made bats....spooky, Halloween bats. We started with the following supplies:

Black construction paper, scissors, stapler, white crayons, pencil and goggly eyes - yes, I am sure goggly is a word!

I freehand sketched the bat wings and the body (don't worry, they don't have to be perfect) and then cut them out for each kiddo.

They then colored the wings with their white crayon (yes, this is Princess Aurora and Spiderman joining forces) - 

Added their goggly eyes -

And I (Mommy) stapled the two pieces together -


And there you have it -

Your very own spooky bat! 
Super easy, quick and the kiddos love them. Really, they have been flying them around the house and continue to add more gorgeous details to the wings...you might want to glue the eyes on!


Have a wonderful weekend!






9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm sending this link to my girls (for their girls and boys!) Such a fun project for little ones.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

They are so cute! What a great project for the kids!

Sawdust Girl said...

cute!

Robin Johnson said...

Thanks so much for sharing this project. My girls are crazy about bats come Halloween. I just know they are going to love making this project.

Artnova said...

Super!!! Świetna zabawa dla dzieci. Pozdrawiam cieplutko.

Gracefully Vintage said...

How Cute, im going to have my daughter do that for my shoppe- SUch a Cute Fun bUt Decorative project..
Karryann

Designs on 47th Street said...

Such a fun and simple project for little ones! I wish I had some googly eyes on hand. My little guys are coming over tomorrow and I have everything else. hmmm..I'll have to look around. Maybe I have some somewhere!

Thanks for another great idea.

Donna

Cat said...

Found your blog through Angie's treasures blog and wanted to say how adorable your blog (and your crafts and kiddos) are!! So cute!!!

KM Studios said...

very cute for the little ones!! 7 ilove your amazon links too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails