Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Turquoise Shower ~

This past weekend we threw a shower for my sister at my house. Her primary color for her upcoming ceremony is turquoise, so off I went! Give the dog a bone right? Although I am happy to say, that for the decorating, all that I actually went out and bought were the balloons - not bad.


You might be asking yourself "What is that hanging over the counter?" Well it is indeed a stick...straight from my backyard. 

My neighbors might think I have lost my mind, but I dug around to find just the right one - size actually does matter here - and I attached it with a few "S" hooks. 


Then I started hanging lanterns, crystals, ribbon and a few words for the happy couple. 

And for the dessert - we made cupcakes and displayed them on a cake stand that was actually one of their gifts - just putting it to good use!

 Here is one of my latest cake stands made from a plate and candle holder 

I love the large sprinkles on top - they seemed to almost shimmer. 
 

And of course no party is complete without the amazing cake cookies...

And a few other little details...

And tomorrow I will show you how I switched from Shower to Super Bowl!

Linked to:
Celebration Inspiration at Under the Table and Dreaming


Visit thecsiproject.com

22 comments:

Val said...

Ok.. why am I loving turquoise?? Beautiful Chelsea and I must say I love, love the tree branch, how clever:)) I have a catering company called Posh Parties, I will have to borrow that idea from you!! I noticed you have the Southern Living cutlery caddy.. me too, don't you just love that?

xoxoxoxo

Valerie

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

So pretty and girly and I just LOVE it!

Jennifer said...

SUCH a lovely party! I do love that branch idea too...the beads/crystals look so pretty!

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Beautiful! Great decor, as always.

Danielle

Patricia said...

stunning!!!
i want you to design my next party!!!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

It looks lovely and I bet your sister was just tickled with all your work!

Kendra
Domestic Princess in Training

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a beautiful shower! :) I love the cupcakes, but the turquoise is the stand-out. :)

I have a custom blog button giveaway going on today to celebrate my blog's new design if you have a chance to stop by. :)

Micah said...

Okay this is great~! I especially love the words hanging down...I do not know how you come up with this stuff...but I am sure glad you do. Keep it coming:)

Agoura Antique Mart said...

Great ideas! Love the pop of color! Maria

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Beautiful! I love the pops of turquoise!

Manuela

Moore Minutes said...

Oh fun! These are my favorite kinds of posts, lol. You did an amazing job and I love the natural glam. :)

I have a tunkables giveaway on my blog right now. I'd love for you to enter if you haven't already. <3

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Everything looks so pretty! The stick idea was very clever.

Elder Esplin said...

Once again...Awesome job, you party animal! I love the blue and all the bling. SO FUN!

Jennie @ CInnaberry Suite

Carissa Mason said...

So simple and yet so elegant! Simple perfect!

Lana said...

This is absolutely wonderful! What a gorgeously elegant celebration!

Hugs, Lana

Kansas Amy said...

Stunning! And VERY inspiring!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

This is simply gorgeous! The branch over the counter is so beautiful. You sister is very lucky! Such a pretty shower! Thanks for linking up to the Celebration Party!

Bird said...

Your attention to detail is just divine! :)

amy & lisa said...

Stunning!! I love the crystals....colors.....details. Nice!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Pretty party!

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Gorgeous details!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Chelsea! I'll be featuring this party too tomorrow! Thanks so much for joining the party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails