Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Turquoise Shower ~

This past weekend we threw a shower for my sister at my house. Her primary color for her upcoming ceremony is turquoise, so off I went! Give the dog a bone right? Although I am happy to say, that for the decorating, all that I actually went out and bought were the balloons - not bad.


You might be asking yourself "What is that hanging over the counter?" Well it is indeed a stick...straight from my backyard. 

My neighbors might think I have lost my mind, but I dug around to find just the right one - size actually does matter here - and I attached it with a few "S" hooks. 


Then I started hanging lanterns, crystals, ribbon and a few words for the happy couple. 

And for the dessert - we made cupcakes and displayed them on a cake stand that was actually one of their gifts - just putting it to good use!

 Here is one of my latest cake stands made from a plate and candle holder 

I love the large sprinkles on top - they seemed to almost shimmer. 
 

And of course no party is complete without the amazing cake cookies...

And a few other little details...

And tomorrow I will show you how I switched from Shower to Super Bowl!

Linked to:
Celebration Inspiration at Under the Table and Dreaming


Visit thecsiproject.com

22 comments:

Valerie Jean said...

Ok.. why am I loving turquoise?? Beautiful Chelsea and I must say I love, love the tree branch, how clever:)) I have a catering company called Posh Parties, I will have to borrow that idea from you!! I noticed you have the Southern Living cutlery caddy.. me too, don't you just love that?

xoxoxoxo

Valerie

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

So pretty and girly and I just LOVE it!

Jennifer said...

SUCH a lovely party! I do love that branch idea too...the beads/crystals look so pretty!

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Beautiful! Great decor, as always.

Danielle

P@nmyfreetime.blogspot.com said...

stunning!!!
i want you to design my next party!!!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

It looks lovely and I bet your sister was just tickled with all your work!

Kendra
Domestic Princess in Training

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a beautiful shower! :) I love the cupcakes, but the turquoise is the stand-out. :)

I have a custom blog button giveaway going on today to celebrate my blog's new design if you have a chance to stop by. :)

Micah said...

Okay this is great~! I especially love the words hanging down...I do not know how you come up with this stuff...but I am sure glad you do. Keep it coming:)

Agoura Antique Mart said...

Great ideas! Love the pop of color! Maria

Manuela@TPOH said...

Beautiful! I love the pops of turquoise!

Manuela

{ L } said...

Oh fun! These are my favorite kinds of posts, lol. You did an amazing job and I love the natural glam. :)

I have a tunkables giveaway on my blog right now. I'd love for you to enter if you haven't already. <3

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Everything looks so pretty! The stick idea was very clever.

Jennie said...

Once again...Awesome job, you party animal! I love the blue and all the bling. SO FUN!

Jennie @ CInnaberry Suite

Carissa Mason said...

So simple and yet so elegant! Simple perfect!

Lana said...

This is absolutely wonderful! What a gorgeously elegant celebration!

Hugs, Lana

Kansas Amy said...

Stunning! And VERY inspiring!

Stephanie Lynn said...

This is simply gorgeous! The branch over the counter is so beautiful. You sister is very lucky! Such a pretty shower! Thanks for linking up to the Celebration Party!

Bird said...

Your attention to detail is just divine! :)

lisalyn said...

Stunning!! I love the crystals....colors.....details. Nice!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Pretty party!

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Gorgeous details!

Stephanie Lynn said...

Hi Chelsea! I'll be featuring this party too tomorrow! Thanks so much for joining the party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails