Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Jar Candle Holder Re-function ~

I purchased these at Michaels recently -
oh, how I was drawn in by those lovely fleur-de-lis...

They are jar candle holders for $5.99 each (I used a 40% coupon for one - so they were about $10 bucks for a set).
And I got thinking, what else could you use these for? I don't have a lot of the jar candles, but cylindrical shaped items I do...

How about to hold your glass water bottles on your Thanksgiving table?
Or a candle holder that just needs a little character?
Or those kinda boring terracotta vases sitting on your counter top?
Ah ha, yes! Now I was in desperate need to change the color from terracotta to gold to match my new bases. So I pulled out my metallic paint and ta-da...
So just remember, next time you swoon over something (just because it has fleur-de-lis on it!) - maybe there is another function that will suit you, and your home, better.

16 comments:

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Great thinking!

randee said...

i love that idea! thanks!

Annette said...

I love these! I think they would look great as bases for my Bargain Find of the Week glass canisters - especially since I am decorating wooden fleur de lis embellishments for the corks. Thanks so much for sharing!

coycoy said...

Love the idea! Those are really cute!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Ha! I bought one of those myself, and believe it or not, I thought of you! It was after your post about the fleur de lis' in your house. I have mine holding a pillar candle at the moment {in my powder room}. I love how your terracotta pots fit so nicely and the way they turned out painted. I wasn't sure what I was going to use mine for either, at the time, but I knew I could figure something out!

Alexandra MacVean said...

I totally love what you've done. I don't suppose you'd want to come decorate my new little place. :D

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

I just love the idea using the glass bottles! You are right they would be perfect for Thanksgiving!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Angie said...

ohhh love the last photo the best!!!

Jacey Autumn Photography said...

WOW! I LOVE those! I may have to make a trip to Michaels to see if we have them down here :) thanks for the inspiration!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Oh, looks gorgeous.

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Great re-purposing.

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Wow you're good! I love that topiary - is it real?

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Each idea looked so great!!! Good job!

Oliver's said...

You are definitely queen of "thinking outside the box"!

Tootsie said...

this is a great idea!! what did I do with mine?????

Deb said...

nice makeovers...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails