Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Apple Oven Cake ~

Recipe | Inspiration

My daughter and I made this yummy "dessert" last night. 
I say "dessert" because it really was more of a pancake than a cake, but the kiddos loved it! 
I think I might be including it in our Christmas morning.
 recipe via Sunset

 

Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons butter 
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar 
  • 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 sweet apple such as Fuji, peeled and sliced 
  • 3 large eggs 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 cup flour 
  • 1/2 cup milk 
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 
  • 1 tablespoon powdered sugar

Preparation

  • 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a 12-in. ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add brown sugar and cinnamon, swirling to combine. Add apple and cook until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
  • 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, whirl together eggs, salt, flour, and milk. Pour egg mixture into pan and bake until puffed and brown, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar.

3 comments:

BearShe Cottage said...

That really looks good. Thanks for the receipe.

"Create Beauty" said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe!

I made it last night for our dinner and it was amazing!!! (We'd had a late lunch so a treat for dinner was just the thing!)

I don't have a cast-iron skillet so baked it in a pie dish and my husband loved it, it reminds me of a breakfast dish I use to make called a "Dutch Baby" but the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon make it SO MUCH BETTER!!! And it's so easy to make.

TOTAL YUM!!!!
~ Violet

شات دردشة بنات مصر شات مصريه said...

شات بنات مصر
شات بنات مصر
شات مصرى
شات مصرى
شات مصري
بنات مصر
دردشة

شات
شات
شات
شات مصر
شات مصرية

شات مصرى
شات بنات مصر
شات مصرى
بنات مصر
دردشة
شات مصرى
شات بنات
شات مصر
شات مصرية

شات مصرية
شات مصريه


شات بنات مصر
http://moon-masr.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails