Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Color Me Happy ~


I recently purchased a new set of Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils. 

This set runs around $180, but I got mine for $90 from Ebay - thank you Ebay!! I decided they needed to be out of their box and easily accessible.

So I grabbed whatever glassware I had handy. And let the color coordinating begin - the kiddos enjoyed helping me "sort" all of the colors. 

I have got to say, colored pencils (really any art supply for that matter) really makes me smile. 

I love all of the colors...just waiting to create. 

I realize that the computer is now one of the most popular "mediums", but I still love the old fashion pen to paper. 


How about you, is there a specific art supply that makes you smile?

8 comments:

bonita said...

~ * ♥ * ~

Basic art supplies? My pencil and eraser! Then I love my paints ~ anything metallic and I always want to figure out a way to work it in.

^ U ^

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

Miss Obara said...

I LOVE shopping for the kids supplies in the begining of the school year.I LOVE the smell of crayons! I was super exited when my daughters list contained 'oil pastels'. I, too, love seeing the colors out and organized.I love to sketch and draw and always carry my notebook w/me. That makes me smile!

The Pineapple Room said...

I understand completely! Walking into a stationary store with all those great pens, pencils and paper makes me positively giddy with excitement.

KM @ This Plate is Full said...

This post is right up my ally!!! Prisma colored pancils are so much fun!
Right now I would have to say that refined linseed oil is my fav for the moment.
I have started useing more of it in my oils & its making a huge difference in drying time for my paintings.

KAT said...

I enjoy paintbrush shopping. I like to feel them for the right softness or stiffness and look at all the array of styles. I like the ones with soft rubbery grip handles too and the clear ones are so much better than those painted wooden handled ones.

Swirls of Happy said...

Adorable blog! Glad I found you :) P.S. Those pencils would make me smile too...lovely!!

swirlsofhappy.blogspot.com

Gracefully Vintage said...

ooh la la
Arent those beauties-
Love them- so much fun and just so pretty in the jars.
Karryann

Mary said...

Love pencils! Love color, period. Actually, my studio looks like an episode of Hoarders! It's a disease I know,lol! I collect, or rather I should say, am addicted to paint. I know it's what I do for a living, but really? I'm talking TONS :D So, totally understand the pencil fetish! Cute blog btw, following you on FB.-Mary http://thedecorativepaintbrush.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails