Recipe | Inspiration
My daughter and I made this yummy "dessert" last night.
I say "dessert" because it really was more of a pancake than a cake, but the kiddos loved it!
I think I might be including it in our Christmas morning.
recipe via Sunset
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sweet apple such as Fuji, peeled and sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a 12-in. ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add brown sugar and cinnamon, swirling to combine. Add apple and cook until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, whirl together eggs, salt, flour, and milk. Pour egg mixture into pan and bake until puffed and brown, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar.